Saturday 29 January 2011

Firestorm, brilliant.

Now, the new Phoenix Viewer, otherwise known from here on in as Firestorm, is about to be released on the 31st of January... and it looks fantastic.

Check out this video ... (or watch it here on youTube.)






...and wonder why, on earth, the Boys have not been able to do anything like this. It is staggering how customisable (probably a word) this viewer is, how much choice and freedom this gives the user.

Brilliant.... Jessica Lyon and her team are a bunch of heros as far as I can see... and what have they done??...simple, peeps....they have just asked us what we want and gone out and developed it...

Now, I would have no incentive to download Viewer 2.5, I have no interest...but Firestorm looks like something I could get to work with and enjoy using.

The group that operates in SL, which Jessica mentions at the end of the video is called.... Phoenix Firestorm Preview Group ... and they are the people to turn to with questions.

Obviously I have not had a chance to test this out but I will be particularly interested to hear how this viewer works on older machines and, of course, how the stability is. I hear it's not great with 2.5.

....and how many other grids it is compatible with..... your feedback is, as always very welcome....

After more than a year fiddling with the Crap Viewer, the Boys have not been able to do what the Phoenix crew have done in about 3 months........why?

:))

2 comments:

  1. OK, I'm sold :) It's more or less exactly what I wanted someone to do with the pieces and parts of V2: make them optional! While waiting (and waiting, and waiting...) for Imprudence/Kokua, I think I'll be trying this out.

    Curious to see how well it works in InWorldz...

    ReplyDelete

stat