Friday 17 December 2010

ToS

Well, we have all signed the new Terms of Service and, for once, I thought I would make another attempt at seeing what it was I signed.

So, searching the SL site didn’t get me very far...search produced some problems people had been having in May signing on after the ToS had shown on their screens.... Eventually, tho I found it here...

But, of course, there is no way of knowing how it changed from the last time I signed it... that would amount to a customer service feature which we know LL is allergic to.

As before, I couldn’t get past this following clause..

"Linden Lab has the right to change and/or eliminate any aspect(s), features or functionality of the Service as it sees fit at any time without notice, and Linden Lab makes no commitment, express or implied, to maintain or continue any aspect of the Service. You acknowledge that your use of the Service is subject to this risk and that you knowingly assume it and make your decisions to participate in the Service, contribute Content and spend your money accordingly."

I mean, that makes the whole exercise a complete waste of time.

They, could just as easily condense the whole thing to.. “I agree I do not have a leg to stand on and LL can do whatever it wants, whenever it wants.”

Anyway I just clicked on it, like 99.9% (maybe more) of all users, and because of this I missed the paragraph 15.z which states.

"Linden Lab has the right to harvest any or all of your internal organs for a profitable little side line now that the cyber bunnies have failed to make us rich. You also agree to any or all sexual favours which Linden Lab (and its officers, directors, shareholders, agents, subsidiaries, and employees) may from time to time require."

As a foot note.... breaking news... Linden Lab Jack's off.

Oh well, that’s life.

7 comments:

  1. hahahaha. soror is in fine form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always heard Jack off causes blindness. Now there's proof.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's 11,000+ words. The average person reads about 240 words a minute. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems accurate..appart from jacking off causing blindness :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! I needed the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to be of service, Brinda...:))

    ReplyDelete

stat