Monday 15 February 2010

Yahoo Gets Dodgier by the Minute

Now, after the scary revelations of Botgirl re. Google....I wonder what on earth is going on when I get three invitations to join 3 different groups whose only desciption is a group of letters and digits....


"Hello,

I've added you to my b8m05p group at Yahoo! Groups, a free,
easy-to-use service. Yahoo! Groups makes it easy to send and receive
group messages, coordinate events, share photos and files, and more.


Description of the group:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
b271qbypuxva4r0h7

Complete your Yahoo! Groups account:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Your email address has been added to the email list of a Yahoo! Group.
To gain access to all of your group's web features (previous messages,
photos, files, calendar, etc.) and easier control of your message
delivery options, we highly recommend that you complete your account
by connecting your email address to a Yahoo account. It is easy and free."

"Regards,

Moderator, b8m05p "

...so I Googled......

"Your search - Yahoo b271qbypuxva4r0h7 - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.
Try fewer keywords."



Well...you have to send two emails to get out of it (x 3)....am I the only one being targeted, I doubt it..... can anyone shed some light on this??

Three invitations to groups which have no description and no known sender.... sounds very dodgy to me, but I am naturally suspicious.

Seems scarier than that nice Nigerian man who had all that money for me....

:))

1 comment:

  1. Well, stupid me....I have to go into Yahoo and stop anyone sending me invites....the default is that anyone can send you anything... and that Yahoo can send you all the crap they can muster...

    Stoopid me, of course that would be a default setting...

    ReplyDelete

stat