Saturday 21 November 2009

Marko Seurat







Well, you know how many times, dear reader, I have bored you with my rants about Architecture in SL... ...well.. (breathes sign of relief)... no rant is necessary. I will quite simply say, about poor architecture...."well, it should have been built by Marko."

It was a couple of weeks ago that Marko invited me over to his place, after being very kind about my stuff. I was soo pleased... I flew around inside his beautiful house, free as a bird. No stairs, narrow doors or other stupidity.......it was a building designed for avatars, not people.

Now....this is why houses are like they are in RL.....

1) gravity
2) rain and climate
3) building materials
4) humans can't fly

Architecture that makes no allowance for the species of being that lives in it (i.e. avatars) is quite simply like digging a tunnel for a golden eagle....... Insane............and there is an amazing quantity of insanity out there.

If you would like to see a simple example of how its done.....check out Markos place......(you have to walk a bit cos of forced tp point).

Now there's a lot more to Marko than one building and it will be nice to see what else he has in store for us..

He had this astute observation about creativity, that it needs good manners, grace and a little devilishness, like good sex.

No arguing with that.

:))

3 comments:

  1. I love the 'white house' of Marko... :รง)
    nessunomyoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased to see people in the art world recognizing my friend Marko and his work. I love his cathedral -- I do think it is his best work yet. I look forward to seeing where he goes next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally agree with you there Chestnut...

    ReplyDelete

stat